1. During which stage of AD is it common that the person may make threats, accuse others of stealing, curse, kick, hit, bite, scream, or grab things?
A. Mild (early-stage)
C. Severe (late-stage)
D. These are not commonly seen symptoms of AD
2. In order to connect with a person who has AD, the caregiver should make eye contact to get his or her attention, and call the person by name.
3. When a person with AD is stepping from one type of flooring to another, they may think that they need to take a step down.
4. When trying to cope with sleep problems in those with AD, it may be helpful to have the largest family meal:
A. In the morning.
B. In the middle of the day.
C. In the evening.
D. None of the above.
5. When trying to cope with agitation and aggression in those with AD, it may be helpful to limit:
A. Dairy and eggs.
B. Breads and pastas.
C. Caffeine, sugar, and junk food.
D. Fish and seafood.
6. If the child lives in the same house as someone with AD, it is beneficial for them to help care for the person with AD, to help the child understand what is happening.
7. Which of the following gives someone called a proxy the power to make health care decisions for the person with AD?
A. Durable power of attorney for health care.
B. Durable power of attorney for finances.
C. A living will.
D. A do not resuscitate form.
8. To prevent burns on the person with AD, the water heater should be set to:
A. 80 F
B. 95 F
C. 110 F
D. 120 F
9. The person with AD should be given a full bath every day to avoid getting infections.
10. When building a support system, which of the following are good resources to contact to learn about where to get help in your community?
A. ADEAR Center
B. Alzheimer's Association
C. Eldercare Locator
D. All of the above
11. Medicaid is a combined Federal and State program for low-income people and families.
12. The National Council on Aging has a free service called BenefitsCheckUp, which can help pay for which of the following?
A. Prescription drugs
B. Heating bills
C. Meal programs
D. All of the above
13. When this guide was written, how many medicines were approved to treat AD?
14. Anticholinergic drugs, used to treat sleeping problems, stomach cramps, incontinence, and motion sickness, are safe and commonly used for people with AD.
15. Which is easier for a person with AD to swallow?
A. Cold drinks
B. Hot drinks
C. Liquids through a straw
D. Thin liquids
Copyright © 2018 Care CEUs
Visit us at https://www.careceus.com