This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the state in which you're licensed. See Below.
NAB Program Approval Number: 20200524-3.25-A53234-DL
CEU Course Description
This course describes what an evidence-based practice (EBP) for treating older adults with depression is. It also presents factors to consider when choosing an EBP; identifies which EBPs are available for older adults with depression; and describes the available training resources. These interventions are more likely to reduce depressive symptoms in older adults than other interventions when implemented correctly. EBPs covered include psychotherapy interventions, antidepressant medications, multidisciplinary geriatric outreach services, and collaborative and integrated mental and physical health care.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Know what EBPs are available to help older adults with depression.
2. Have sufficient information about EBPs available to identify what will be most effective for a particular older adult or group of adults with depression.
3. Be able to evaluate the effectiveness of different psychotherapy interventions for treating depression in older adults.
4. Be able to evaluate in what contexts to use psychotherapy interventions, antidepressant medications, or a combination of both.
5. Assess the potential effectiveness of evidence based collaborative and integrated treatment models for older adults with depression.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $199/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.