This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.50 Continuing Education Credit Hours
NAB Program Approval Number: 20191030-1.50-A47094-DL
CEU Course Description
This course focuses on the Health Care-Associated Infection (HAI) Action Plan which reflects a significant update and expansion from the initial version issued in 2009. HAIs are among the leading causes of preventable deaths in the United States and are associated with a substantial increase in health care costs each year. Discussed in this course is infection reduction in long-term care facilities, as well as a section on increasing influenza vaccination of health care personnel.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the most frequent causes of sickness transfer from long-term care facilities to acute care hospitals and 30-day hospital readmissions.
2. Examine the fundamental infection prevention practices that will aid in reducing health care-associated infections.
3. Explain the assistance provided by long-term care services to help support individuals.
4. Investigate the most commonly reported HAIs in nursing homes.
5. Examine vaccination rates and how they relate to incidence of health care-associated influenza and influenza-related mortality among older patients in LTCFs.
6. Elucidate the barriers to implementing an effective infection control and prevention (ICP) program.
7. Identify the recommendations related to the implementation of antibiotic stewardship programs in LTCFs.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $199/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.