Course #: 05-283
Price: $24.00Take the Exam
Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
NAB Program Approval Number: 20231030-1.50-A88492-DL
CEU Course Description
This course focuses on the Health Care-Associated Infection (HAI) Action Plan which reflects a significant update and expansion from the initial version issued in 2009. HAIs are among the leading causes of preventable deaths in the United States and are associated with a substantial increase in health care costs each year. Discussed in this course is infection reduction in long-term care facilities, as well as a section on increasing influenza vaccination of health care personnel.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the most frequent causes of sickness transfer from long-term care facilities to acute care hospitals and 30-day hospital readmissions.
2. Examine the fundamental infection prevention practices that will aid in reducing health care-associated infections.
3. Explain the assistance provided by long-term care services to help support individuals.
4. Investigate the most commonly reported HAIs in nursing homes.
5. Examine vaccination rates and how they relate to incidence of health care-associated influenza and influenza-related mortality among older patients in LTCFs.
6. Elucidate the barriers to implementing an effective infection control and prevention (ICP) program.
7. Identify the recommendations related to the implementation of antibiotic stewardship programs in LTCFs.
This course expires on 10/30/2023
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $199/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2014-08-22
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest or relevant financial relationship was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: email@example.com or by phone 1-800-413-9565, so arrangements can be made.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.