This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the state in which you're licensed. See Below.
NAB Approval Number: 20200519-1.75-A52914-DL
CEU Course Description
As a focus point for the community, nursing homes connect older adults with a range of critical services and programs, including meals and nutrition programs, transportation services, health and wellness programs, and social and recreational activities. Therefore, these centers play an important role in promoting emotional health among older adults and increasing the factors that may protect them from suicide. This CEU course provides an overview of suicide among older adults and how nursing home administrators can help address this important problem. In addition, this course discusses key strategies that can be used to promote emotional well-being and prevent suicide among older adults and describes recommended steps for carrying out each strategy.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Investigate what constitutes a protective factor for suicide among older adults.
2. Examine strategies that nursing home administrators can use for preventing and stopping bullying.
3. Scrutinize what a protocol for responding to a suicide death should indicate.
4. Identify behaviors that may indicate that a person is at immediate risk of suicide.
5. Describe how nursing home administrators can offer activities and programs that foster a sense of purpose, resilience, and other protective factors.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $199/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.