This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
NAB Approval Number: 20200529-2-A53544-DL
CEU Course Description
This course was developed from the CDC and Institute For Healthcare Improvement guides which provides information on the selection and use of personal protective equipment in healthcare settings and to allow time for participants to practice the correct way to don and remove such equipment, with the goal of improving personnel safety in the healthcare environment through appropriate use of protective equipment. In addition, the guide is meant to help organizations reduce health-care-associated infections, including infections due to antibiotic-resistant organisms, by improving hand hygiene practices and use of gloves among health care workers.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Be aware of the different types of PPE and which is most commonly used.
2. Identify who is responsible for fit checking respirators to make sure they have a proper seal.
3. Review which piece of PPE is considered the most contaminated and should therefore be removed first.
4. Understand OSHA's rules for the use of gloves when giving an injection.
5. Be aware of how much time is necessary for competent hand rubbing and/or handwashing.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $199/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.