This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the state in which you're licensed. See Below.
NAB Program approval #20200318-2.25-A50926-DL
CEU Course Description
This course was developed from the National Institute on Aging guide which presents information for caregivers on how to: understand how AD changes a person; learn how to cope with these changes; help family and friends understand AD; plan for the future; make your home safe for the person with AD; manage everyday activities like eating, bathing, dressing, and grooming; take care of yourself; get help with caregiving; find out about helpful resources, such as websites, support groups, government agencies, and adult day care programs; choose a full-time care facility for the person with AD if needed; learn about common behavior and medical problems of people with AD and some medicines that may help; cope with late-stage AD.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Understand the different stages of AD.
2. Appreciate the best ways to interact with a person with AD.
3. Become familiar with how to cope when a person with AD is having sleeping problems, agitation, and/or aggression.
4. Enumerate the different safety measures to take to prevent injury to those with AD.
5. Review the different financial agencies and support groups available to help the caretakers of someone with AD.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $199/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.