This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the state in which you're licensed. See Below.
CEU Course Description
This course was developed from the Kaiser Family Foundation Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured which provides: background on Medicaid today; the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid; survey results for fiscal years 2013 and 2014; Medicaid spending and enrollment growth rates; 2013 and 2014 eligibility and enrollment changes including the Medicaid expansion; delivery system changes; other Medicaid policy initiatives for fiscal years 2013 and 2014; and Medicaid administration and perspectives of medicaid directors.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Be able to describe how economic conditions, Medicaid enrollment, and state budgets intertwine with one another.
2. Identify which group will be most affected by the states that are implementing Medicaid eligibility restrictions.
3. Explain the main reasons that more states adopted increases or enhancements to provider rates or benefits than restrictions.
4. Discuss the actions that states have flexibility to do within the federal guidelines.
5. Identify the single most significant source of fiscal relief to states in the ARRA.
6. Describe which items Medicaid covers that are often not covered by private insurance.
7. Discuss which coverage will remain the dominant source of coverage for most Americans.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $199/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.