This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CEU Course Description
Medical errors, adverse events, contribute significantly to morbidity and mortality. They are usually unanticipated and, more often than not, preventable. Nurses should be increasingly sensitive to the issue of medical errors, alert to circumstances which increase the risk for their occurrence, and work to reduce the risks when identified. This CEU course provides information about the necessity for and wherewithal to effect a reduction in medical errors and to become knowledgeable regarding existing preventative measures.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the recommendations outlined in the Universal Protocol developed by the Joint Commission, along with 50 other healthcare professional organizations.
2. Investigate the factors related to the wrong dosage of medication being administered.
3. Examine the medication errors, which can be shown to be related to the five 'rights' that are often employed by the nurse administering the medication.
4. Define 'error of execution' and 'error of planning.'
5. Identify the most common medical errors.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $199/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.