This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CEU Course Description
This course describes what can be done to combat the growing threat of antibiotic resistant bacteria, including information on current CDC initiatives. Four core actions that fight the spread of antibiotic resistance are presented and explained, including 1) preventing infections from occurring and preventing resistant bacteria from spreading, 2) tracking resistant bacteria, 3) improving the use of antibiotics, and 4) promoting the development of new antibiotics and new diagnostic tests for resistant bacteria.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the ways that drug-resistant infections can be prevented.
2. Enumerate how the CDC works to prevent antibiotic resistance in healthcare settings.
3. Explain the single most important action needed to greatly slow down the development and spread of antibiotic-resistant infections.
4. Investigate which resistant infections that can be transmitted in the community at the present time.
5. Examine the relationship between vaccination and drug-resistant infections.
6. Define effective antibiotic stewardship and explain how it has a role in responsible antibiotic use for the health and safety of future generations.
7. Scrutinize the link between antibiotic use in food-producing animals and the occurrence of antibiotic-resistant infections in humans.
8. Identify which antibiotic has been found to be the most commonly used antibiotic overall.
9. Describe the primary objectives of the NARMS program and examine how these help promote safe antibiotic use.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $199/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.