CE Credit Hours: 4.50 Continuing Education Credit Hours
NAB Program Approval Number: 20210331-4.50-A63044-DL
CEU Course Description
This course was developed from the Alzheimer's Disease International report which provides background on stigma and dementia, shares results from a worldwide survey conducted with people with dementia and caregivers on their personal experiences of stigma, and highlights best practices in the field of dementia and makes recommendations which could help reduce stigma. Also included in the report are a selection of essays from those with expertise or experience relevant to the topic.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Define stigma and how it relates to those that have dementia and those that care for them.
2. Appreciate the global costs of dementia.
3. Understand the statistics of how many people have dementia, the projections for future diagnoses, and the age most commonly reported for those with the disease.
4. Review the statistics about those that conceal the diagnosis and those that are treated differently because they revealed the disease.
5. Become familiar with the different organizations in countries around the world, what they do to help the dementia community, and what goals they have set for the future.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $199/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
The board approval status information is provided based on our current understanding of the licensing agencies. Please note that it is the responsibility of each licensee to verify acceptance of our courses with their licensing agency.